The primary aim of emerge is to introduce our students to the process and business of book publishing. With that in mind, we believe the production of this anthology provides our students with many tangible and intangible benefits. Below is a list of what we believe are the many positives of creating emerge.
The positives of Emerge:
- Students see their work in print
- Students have an opportunity to read their work from a published book
- Students are introduced to people from the industry
- the managing editor
- the guest editor
- the cover designer
- the interior designer
- the printer
- industry guests at the launch
- Students will gain a better understanding of the process of book publishing.
- which will aid them when getting a publishing contract with a book publisher
- if they want to self-publish, they will understand what they can do on their own, and what to contract out